Are you in love with the rustic and chalkboard trend going on? If so, this blog is for you! While the current craze for rustic and chalkboard lends a wonderful look to your wedding, not so to your bank account. But no fears! Simply follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to an amazing chalkboard centerpiece vase. The best part of this ‘How-To”? The vase can double as a centerpiece and table numbers!
1. Find inexpensive vases that you want to use. These can easily be found at craft shops or dollar stores. The one used in this demonstration is from the dollar store, and only cost $1!
2. Stop by your local home improvement store and purchase spray paint primer and chalkboard spray paint.
3. Making sure you’re outside in a well-ventilated area, spray three thin coats of primer on each vase. Be sure to thoroughly let dry between each coat.
4. Just as you did with the primer, spray three coats of chalkboard spray paint on each vase. Remember to let each coat thoroughly dry before applying another coat.
5. Use chalk to write the table number on each vase, and then fill it with beautiful flowers!
We hope future Castle Farms brides use this idea. All of us at The Castle love it!